Tips to Keep in Mind when Writing
- Thoughtful content and careful attention to quality writing can be compelling in admission and scholarship decisions.
- Keep your essay focused on the topic you have chosen; this demonstrates your ability to organize your thoughts.
- This is not a writing sample or academic paper. It's an opportunity for us to gain insight into how you can contribute to and benefit from our community. Make it personal by conveying information specific to your experiences and perspectives.
- Be sure the words are your own and (appropriately) reflect your personality. We want to get to know YOU, so use your "voice" that's authentic.
- Plagiarism is grounds for immediate rejection of your application.